TABLE OF CONTENTS
A White Spike is a large predator with sturdy, chitinous armor, sharp teeth, and 8 appendices.
Four of them are legs, with sharp claws that give it the ability to climb on walls.
Two of them are mantis-like arms that are used to secure a tight grip on their prey.
The two remaining ones are two tentacles. They are very flexible and their tip can open revealing a sharp dart made of bone that they can throw, or blow out, using it as a projectile.
Putting out fires with fire: Taws was seen as an infestation of Kraan, both by the humans and by some elves. They, in a brief truce, coalized to create a super-predator that could get rid of these invaders.
They followed the saying “A sword keeps another one in the sheath”. So they artificially created this highly infested creature.
A superior creature: White Spike’s greatest strengths are their resilience, their superior intellect, and their attitude do breed quickly and to spread fast. The last one is pretty self-explanatory, but they have a chitinous armor that prevents them from getting serious wounds from mundane weapons, Taws’ ones can still harm them though. They can use advanced tactics to hunt and kill their prey, they even communicate with the rest of the pack.
They were designed specifically to be able to perforate the sturdy chitinous armor of the Taws with their Bone darts.
Inspiration from the movie “Tomorrow War”
“The world is stunned when a group of time travelers arrives from the year 2051 to deliver an urgent message: Thirty years in the future, mankind is losing a global war against a deadly alien species. The only hope for survival is for soldiers and civilians from the present to be transported to the future and join the fight. Among those recruited is a high school teacher and family man Dan Forester (Chris Pratt). Determined to save the world for his young daughter, Dan teams up with a brilliant scientist (Yvonne Strahovski) and his estranged father (J.K. Simmons) in a desperate quest to rewrite the fate of the planet.”
These creatures hunt in thick packs, they are capable of extreme coordination with each other and make use of advanced tactics for surrounding and isolating enemies.
- Armor class: 17 (Natural Armor)
- Hit Points (HP): 58 (9d10 +9)
- Speed: 40 ft, climb 20 ft
- STR: 19 [+4]
- DEX: 22 [+6]
- CON: 13 [+1]
- INT: 4 [-3]
- WIS: 18 [+4]
- CHA: 5 [-3]
- Skills: Perception +7, Acrobatics +9, Stealth +9
- Saving throws: Cha +1, Con +4
- Damage Resistance: Piercing, Slashing, Bludgeoning from non-magical weapons
- Senses: Darkvision 120 ft., passive perception 17
- Languages: –
- Challenge rating: 5 (XP: 1800)
- Glide: A White Spike can spread its skin to reduce the rate of descent to 60 feet per round and moving horizzontally at 60 ft. per round. Until it glides it takes only half of the falling damage and can land on its feet.
- Pack tactics: The creature has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least another White Spike is within 10 feet of the creature and it isn’t incapacitated.
- Aggressive: As a bonus action, the creature can move up to its speed toward a hostile creature it can see.
- Laying eggs: A female White Spike can lay 1d4 eggs per day. The eggs will hatch the next day, giving birth to harmless cubs. They will take another day to fully develop and then they will be as deadly as an adult White Spike.
- Multiattack: This creature can attack twice with its Bone darts, it can also choose 2 different targets within range.
- Bite: melee weapon attack, +7 to hit, reach 10 ft, one target. Hit 17 (3d8 +4) piercing damage
- Bone dart: ranged weapon attack: +9 to hit, range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (3d8) piercing damage. Projectiles count as adamantine.
- Calling reinforces (1 time per combat): If a White Spike is alone, it can call 1d4 allies of the same species to fight the hostile creatures. The allies called in this way can’t use this ability to call reinforces, even if they are alone.
Download the Materials
Support the Platform
USE CODE: ” ARKANEATLAS ” to receive a 10% discount at checkout