TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Xenomorph Drone D&D 5e is a dangerous creature and is believed to be the result of research for the creation of a biological weapon during a hypothetical civil war.
This creature is over two meters tall and instead of blood contains a powerful acid that can melt metal. The color of the skin, dark green or black, allows it to blend perfectly in dark environments.
A particularity regards the head, as it is elongated and without eyes or nostrils, as well as sensory organs, but in spite of this, it is able to move quickly in the environment.
In the head, but also in the body, are present glands that release a liquid substance. In the drone you can see the skull with eye sockets and nostrils thanks to the transparency of the skull.
Xenomorph has a particularly toothed tongue capable of breaking even objects and being used during combat.
As for the limbs, they are thin but also very strong, especially the lower ones that allow them to make big jumps.
Behind the body there is a tail, on whose extremity there is a sting that releases poison to paralyze the victim and capture it.
One of the greatest abilities concerns swimming and the ability to adapt to different atmospheres thanks to its structural resistance.
Xenomorph is asexual because this parasite relies on embryos’ ability to combine their DNA with that of the host.
This creature is born from the eggs laid by the queen, inside which there is no embryo but an intermediate being generated by her that will lead to the production of the embryo.
A particular creature is called “facehugger”, consisting of eight limbs, a tail and an apparatus that penetrates the mouth of the victim to be able to put the embryo. There are also two pockets that provide vital gases to the host and serve as filters to change the surrounding atmosphere.
A few hours after the facehugger’s death, the embryo goes from the stomach to the intestine so that it can feed on tissue and then kill the victim. In the following hours, after having fed sufficiently, it becomes adult trapping preys in cocoons. Its intelligence in this adult phase is similar to that of a man.
The Xenomorph Drone means “strange form” or “alien”.
It is a dangerous creature and is believed to be specifically designed to kill. They grew up from an embryo implanted specifically into a humanoid creature by a being called Face-hugger. Their job is to build the nest around their queen while defending her eggs and finding new hosts to be “fecundated”.
Their exact origins are unknown, even though legends told that they arrived from a different planet, brought by mysterious and powerful visitors.
This creature has an exoskeleton that human firearms can hit.
It is taught that protein polysaccharides form the skin of this creature and that it substitutes its surface cells with polarized silicon, allowing him resistance to the environment and high temperature. Despite this, it is sensitive to drastic changes of the latter.
The mouth of the Xenomorph, externally, presents sharp teeth and inside an inner jaw that allows him to penetrate the brain of the victim easily.
The head is elongated, maybe to contain muscles necessary to feed his mouth. Inside its head, there are also secondary jaws always fed by muscles.
Xenomorph seems not to have eyes but could be barely visible because they are small and equal to the color of his skin.
Behind his back, there are several appendages without a clear function, and one may concern with the breathing apparatus.
There is a distinction between Drones and Warriors. The former has the task to hunt hosts and the latter is responsible for defending the hive and keeping it in good condition.
The Praetorian, within the hive, instead, has to protect important places and the Queen.
- Armor class: 16 (Natural Armor)
- Hit Points (HP): 55 (10d8 +10)
- Speed: 45 ft
- STR: 15 [+2]
- DEX: 18 [+4]
- CON: 12 [+1]
- INT: 8 [-1]
- WIS: 11 [+0]
- CHA: 5 [-3]
- Skills: Perception + 6, Acrobatics + 7, Stealth +7
- Saving throws: Dex +7, Wis +3
- Damage Immunities: Poison, Acid
- Condition Immunities: Poisoned, Charmed
- Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, passive perception
- Challenge rating: 6 (XP: 2300)
- Magic Resistance: TheXenomorph has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Ambusher: The creature has advantage on attack rolls against any creature it has surprised.
- Avoidance: If the creature is subjected to an effect that allows it to make a saving throw to only take half damage, it instead takes no damage if it succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if it fails.
- Nimble Escape: The creature can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of its turns.
- Shadow Stealth: While in dim light or darkness, the creature can take the Hide action as a bonus action.
- Acid Blood: Xenomorphs’ blood is highly corrosive and tends to stick on the surfaces exposed to it. Every time that a xenomorph takes slashing or piercing damage, the wound releases a squirt of blood towards the attacker. The attacker can completely dodge the squirt by passing a saving throw on Dexterity (DC: 14); in case of failure, the attacker and his equipment will take 1d6 acid damage for 1d4 rounds. The effect is cumulative.
- Bite: melee weapon attack, +5 to hit, reach 5ft, one target. The creature grapples the target (DC 13 on strength). Until the creature is grappled, it considered restrained and the Xenomorph can not bite another target. After 1 turn it pierces its skull with its tongue. The creature which has been hit by the bite has to make a Saving throw on constitution (DC 16) or is instantly killed, if it succeeds it receives 30 (6d8 +2) piercing damage. The attack does not kill in the case of creatures for which the brain is not a vital organ.
- Claws: melee weapon attack, +5 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target. Hit 5 (1d6 +2) slashing damage.
- Tail: melee weapon attack, +5 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target. Hit 12 (3d6 +2) piercing damage.
Download the Materials
Support the Content Creator
USE CODE: ” ARKANEATLAS ” to receive a 10% discount at checkout
The Xenomorph Drone D&D 5e is a homebrew creature freely inspired by the Xenomorph, a race of monsters that are the main villain of the Alien Film series.