The Toruk Makto (also known as Great Leonopterix) is a flying animal and in some populations is celebrated by the Na’vi with dance and songs, honored both for the fear and respect it inspires.
This creature is red and yellow, along with black stripes and blue crests on the top of the head and lower jaw. The first is used to injure, and cut prey or obstacles present during flight.
As for the face it has four large yellow eyes and black pupils. The main ones are found in the skull and the secondary ones in the antennae, allowing it to have a good view during the flight, even if with some limitations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The power of wings. Toruk has a good brain cavity, flexible wings and strong claws and double tails to control flight. The power of its jaws allows it to easily divide the preys and see them thanks to binocular vision. Despite this, because of the thick eyebrows he cannot see excellently above it.
A peculiarity concerns its very wide wingspan, inside which there are single finned elements that can be used as aerodynamic profile and separate can rotate to induce or delay vortices.
The hidden creature. This creature is difficult to identify also because it tends to hide to cover the place of rest and of its own nest. Toruk mate for life and breed every two years. They usually never travel in pairs but separated, in addition to the fact that they are not usually seen in swarms or groups. Although this creature prefers not to be with its own kind, there has been a record of a battle with two Toruk that ended with their fall into a forest due to the mortal wounds received, but this should be due to the presence of another undefined animal.
The union. At a time when a link between a Toruk and a person is created, the latter automatically becomes a hero that will lead to victory during times of difficulty.
The Toruk is primarily colored red and yellow, with black stripes and blue crests on the top of the head and under its lower jaw.
It has powerful jaws which can open at a wide-angle, capable of cleaving a horse in half. Despite their superior binocular vision, they are unable to see directly above them, most likely due to the very pronounced brow ridges above their eyes. It has four large golden eyes with black pupils.
The wingspan of the Toruk is more than 25 meters (75–80 ft.). It can even exceed 30 meters.
- Armor class: 15 (Natural Armor)
- Hit Points (HP): 174 (12d20 +48)
- Speed: 20 ft, fly 80 ft
- STR: 20 [+5]
- DEX: 10 [+0]
- CON: 18 [+4]
- INT: 4 [-3]
- WIS: 12 [+1]
- CHA: 8 [-1]
- Skills: Intimidate + 5, Perception + 4
- Saving throws: Str +8, Cha +2
- Damage Vulnerabilities: Thunder
- Senses: passive Perception 21
- Languages: –
- Challenge rating: 7 (XP: 2900)
- Hovering: The Toruk can lift off the ground as a bonus action and it can hover in place as much time as it wishes. After the liftoff and landing the speed of the Toruk becomes 0 for the rest of its turn
- Multiattack: the Toruck can make two attacks, one bite and one tail attack.
- Bite: melee weapon attack +8 to hit, reach 5ft, one target. Hit: 9 (1d8 + 5) piercing damage.
- Claw: melee weapon attack, +8 to hit, reach 5ft, one target. Hit: 8 (1d6 + 5) slashing damage.
- Tail: melee weapon attack +8 to hit, reach 5ft, one target. Hit: 9 (1d8 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
- Wing attack: When the toruk is flying or hovering, it can use its wings to generate a powerful gust of wind in a 60 ft. cone. Every creature inside this cone must succeed on a DC 15 strength (athletics) saving throw or gets pushed 20 ft. behind and falls prone.
- Frightful Presence: Each creature of the Toruk’s choice that is within 100 feet by it and aware of it must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or become Frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, Ending the Effect on itself on a success. If a creature’s saving throw is successful or the Effect ends for it, the creature is immune to its Frightful Presence for the next 24 hours.