You find yourself a the start of a clearing. There is a slightly high grass, the sun radiates all the space, the climate is very serene and in front of you you see the ruins of an old castle and as you scrutinize the hints of the walls, the towers that made it up and in the middle of the clearing you see a rather tall tree with a figure, similar to a statue, in a supine position, as if resting. This statue is covered with foliage but looks relatively recent, although wearing armor that the party can recognize as ancient. In the meantime, they peer at a deer that passes next to eat berries and grass and suddenly, hearing this noise, the statue gets up and in doing so rips off a few branches and starts walking around the ruins dragging a broadsword behind.
The Party, after crossing various signs of danger (that appears to be progressively older as the Party approaches the end of the Old Road), has finally reached a Clearing. In this clearing are present a lot of Tall statues that appear to be buried in the dirt. They appear like huge Humanoid Creatures dressed with thick armor.
The Giant Statue
The party, as soon as they arrive, will notice a small deer walking really close to one of these statues, which seems to be less buried than the others.
The statue will suddenly move and rise, revealing to be a Giant. The giant appears to have a giant spear inside its head, making it blind. The giant will room around the castle on a circular pattern, dragging a giant broken spear. The giant is blind, if a character is at least 30 ft the giant will make a Perception check and players a Stealth check to hide, if they fail or the giant will succeed will try to hit them, otherwise players do not risk any damage.
The giant will try to hit the characters where he heard them, but is not aware of the precise location.
The guardians of the catacombs
The party is now at the entrance of the catacombs, guarded by a group of Taw and some humans belonging to the order of the White Lion. If players make a DC 16-level shot, they can already hear their voices, otherwise they will hear them once they get close to point 2.
Once they are close to the stone palace they can all hear the conversation between the various soldiers outside the catacomb. The number of soldiers is equal to 2 Taw and 3 men belonging to the Order of the White lion. The party at this point has 3 options:
- They listen and do not reveal their position, they will feel that the discussion revolves around wanting to enter by a group (2/3) while 1/3 wants to enter and reach a certain X. if they wait for a few hours everyone will have decided not to enter and will move into the camp next to. In this case the Taw won’t pass through Zone 2
- The party can wait and plan to capture one of the soldiers. In the meantime one soldier will go to camp point 5, while another will go to point 4. If the soldiers are part of the Taw or the humans of the Lion’s order it is at the discretion of the Game Master.
- They decide to fight and in that case GM can refer to Appendix A
- The characters try to talk to the enemies but the latter will be unreasonable and will try to push themselves to the fight. It is left to GM’s discretion whether to allow players the chance to not fight based on the players’ actions and words
- Players wait until night hidden and at that moment even the guard in front of the tomb will move away because there will be a monster that will attack the nearby camp