Page XII – Machines of Scrap (Engines of the Losts)
Hundreds of tinkerers, artificers, and machinists have taken advantage of the resources provided by Archelm Hold to develop their craft and engineer creations of their own. Constructs created by the inhabitants of The Junkyard are made from the repurposed materials from Archelm Automatons. As a result, constructs built within The Junkyard often take on an appearance that resembles their surrounding. The amalgamation of mixed and matched metal components combined with crude assembly and low-quality materials results in these machines of scrap.
Recycled Gyrocores. The single most sought item within The Junkyard is the gyrocore. Without this power source, much of the constructs developed here would not function. The gyrocores are why people travel from far and wide to visit The Junkyard. These devices act as engines and provide a power source unlike any other. As a result, the constructs built within The Junkyard suffer from the same apparent flaws the Archelm Automatons do as well. When subjected to intense cold, the gyrocores within these constructs easily freeze up and the constructs lose power momentarily.
- Junkyard Scrapper. The junkyard scrappers are the most numerous within The Junkyard. These clanky constructs take on various shapes and are loosely put together by whatever materials may be available within. […]
- Junkyard Brawler. The larger and more durable version of the scrapper is the brawler. This hefty construct is an improved upon version of the scrapper and was created primarily to be used as personal security. […]
- Steam Ox. These large constructs were created to act as a beast of burden. Resembling a large ox, this construct is primarily used by salvagers to carry the heavy material scrap that is collected from within Archelm Hold. […]
- Scrap troller. The scrap trollers are wheel barrel-shaped constructs that walk on up to eight mechanical legs and have at least one long arm equipped with a claw to grasp objects. […]
- Junkyard Enforcers. These constructs were built to be effective at fulfilling their programmed purpose, to maintain order. Having no fear of injury or pain, they throw themselves into the fray without hesitation to detain any threats that arise […]
- Junkyard Hound. The junkyard hounds are paired with the junkyard enforcers to provide more support and reinforce the zero-tolerance policy within The Junkyard. […]
- Junkyard Strider. The junkyard strider is a large vehicle powered by multiple gyrocores and used to easily traverse the rocky terrain of the Whirring Peaks. […]