TABLE OF CONTENTS
When a paladin reaches 3rd level, they swear an oath that binds them as a paladin forever. This is an option written by Odvaskar for that feature: The Oath of Death.
Oath of Death
The Oath of Death calls to paladins who seek to keep the balance between life and death. Their oaths are unbreakable, and they follow the Tenets of Death to the letter. They seek out creatures who would break the circle of life and death, or guard wherever the death rest. The oath of death also always a paladin to use darker magics without fearing corruption. These paladins usually worship deities of death and the afterlife.
Tenets of Death
A paladin who takes this oath has the tenets of death bound to its soul, making the oath
- Mortality. Every living thing has a beginning and an end.
- Circle of Life. Those that die should not be brought back to life instead honor their death. Punish those that would upset the balance.
- Serve after life. Undeath should only be granted to those that guard the death.
- Ease restless spirits. Help the spirits of the dead pass on to the afterlife. Either peacefully or by force.
3rd-level Oath of Death feature
You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed.
Oath of Death Spells
|3rd||Bane, Inflict Wounds|
Pass Without Trace
|9th||Speak with Dead, Vampiric Touch|
|13th||Blight, Death Ward|
|17th||Cone of Cold, Hallow|
3rd-level Oath of Death feature
You gain the following two Channel divinity options.
Turn Undead. As an action, you present your holy symbol and drive away the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes damage. A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move away from you as it can and can’t willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can’t take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there’s nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.
Draining Smite. Immediately after you use your Divine Smite feature, you can use your Channel Divinity as a bonus action and absorb the strength from the target. The creature’s strength score is reduced by 1d4 and yours increases by the same amount for the next 10 minutes.
Aura of Death
7th-level Oath of Death feature
Starting at 7th level, you imminent and aura of death. You and friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to necrotic damage while you are conscious. Additionally, when you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points within the aura, you gain hit points equal to your Charisma modifier. At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet
5th-level Oath of Death feature
Beginning at 15th level, your body begins to become undead giving you the following benefits:
- You don’t need to eat, drink, or sleep. Although you still require rest to reduce exhaustion and still benefit from finishing short and long rests.
- You are immune to necrotic and poison damage, and the poisoned condition.
Avatar of Death
20th-level Oath of Death feature
At 20th level, you can assume a form of pure death. As an action, you transform for 1 minute
You gain the following benefits while in this form:
- You gain a flying (hover) speed of 50 feet.
- You gain resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons.
- You can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. You take 1d10 for damage it ends its turn inside an object.
- Hostile creatures that start their turn within 15 feet of you take 10 necrotic damage.
Download the Materials
Support the Content Creator
USE CODE: ” ODVASKAR ” to receive a 10% discount at checkout
- This creature was made in accordance with the OGL 5e
- Discover More Homebrew Creatures