TABLE OF CONTENTS
From the tales of the witnesses of its apparitions, the Loch Ness monster resembles mostly a plesiosaurus, a large dinosaur with four fins, a long neck, a small tail, and a mouth full of pointy teeth, but it has some crucial differences. The Loch Ness monster is much larger and it’s mostly covered by a thick and polished set of scales. Its color varies slightly, depending on the surrounding environment, in fact, people who had seen it on a foggy evening say that it was dark grey, others that had seen it during the day, say it was blue, like the deeper parts of the lake. However, its color range seems to be limited in shades of blue, green and gray.
Strange sightings. The monster does not need to emerge to breathe, that’s odd because it seems that it likes to do that anyway. Beneath the calm waters of a lake, in its depths, this creature rests. Some swore they had seen it, but these poor people were labeled as fools. It was considered impossible that such a small lake could accommodate such a huge creature. Moreover, due to its size, it should need an amount of food that clearly the lake can not provide. Maybe this creature exists, maybe the “fools” were right.
Is it just one? But there are more mysteries surrounding the Loch Ness monster. This creature is particularly elusive when it’s in its natural environment. Many have tried to expose it, all of them returned empty-handed; someone tried to hunt it… They’ve never returned home. Another mystery about it could be “If it exists, are there more of them?”. Normally, with aquatic beasts, it’s likely that if there’s one, there could be many more. But this creature is reported to be alone in every witness’ tale. It seems that a single monster lives in the lake from the time it was created.
- Armor class: 16 (Natural Armor)
- Hit Points (HP): 149 (13d10 +65)
- Speed: 20 ft, swim 40 ft
- STR: 27 [+7]
- DEX: 21 [+5]
- CON: 20 [+5]
- INT: 2 [-4]
- WIS: 15 [+2]
- CHA: 8 [-1]
- Skills: Perception +5, Stealth +8
- Saving throws: Con +8, Cha +2
- Senses: Passive Perception 15
- Languages: –
- Challenge rating: 8 (XP: 3900)
- Amphibious: This creature is able to breathe underwater as well as out of the water.
- Vanishing in the water: If the creature is underwater, it can use the Hide action even in plain sight. When this occurs its body melts with the water, giving him advantage on stealth checks.
- Magic Resistance: The creature has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects
- One with Nature: The Loch Ness monster can control weather at its will. The creature can cast “Control Weather” two times per day.
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 42 (10d6 + 7) piercing damage.