TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Light-Taker is a servant of the Dark. The creature has various upper limbs (six in total) similar to human arms and an obsidian-like skin. The scariest part of this creature is its head: it almost seems like the creature has soaked its face into acid. Its skinny cranium is empty, and only the mandible is visible. In the place that once hosted the brain of the creature, there is only an empty dark cavity. If you look deeply into that cavity you could almost believe that darkness moves…and maybe it is.
Statue or Light-taker? Not a statue, not a living being. These creatures hide inside the Black temple, near the Storm Desert that separates Kraan and Flu’ün. The temple is built inside a great mountain and hosts many statues of weird creatures. Every statue has various candles on its back, and among these sculptures, you might also find the Light-Takers. It is important to notice that not every statue with the same appearances of the Light-Takers are actually Light-Takers. This aspect makes it quite difficult to spot which statue is actually a statue and not a dangerous creature. Are this element also open to speculation about the origin of these beings: are they some sort of resurrected sculpture, or is it the other way around?
Homicidal guards. Cursed Servant of an ancient god. Very little is known about these creatures. They seem to be quite intelligent creatures and have a sort of hierarchy and organization. However, they do not tend to talk with strangers, and most of the time, the explorers who encounter the Light-Takers do not come home to talk about it. They could only be spotted inside this mysterious temple. Nobody knows what is inside this mysterious and labyrinthic structure. The Old Elves told about an ancient deity of cosmic origins trapped inside the central part of the temple, but no one has been able to get so close to it. The Light-Takers are the guardian of this temple. They ambush every adventurer who gets enough close to the structure. They will continue to guard the entries of this obscure temple, killing every creature who gets closer to the structure.
These creatures usually camouflage themselves as statues, since they are able to stay motionless for years. When their enemy gets in range of their magic, they start to move and rapidly throw many dangerous spells against them.
- Armor class: 13 (Natural Armor)
- Hit Points (HP): 90 (20d8 +0)
- Speed: 15 ft
- STR: 7 [-2]
- DEX: 15 [+2]
- CON: 11 [+0]
- INT: 16 [+3]
- WIS: 12 [+1]
- CHA: 18 [+4]
- Skills: Perception + 5
- Saving throws: Int + 5, Wis +2, Cha + 4
- Damage Vulnerabilities: Radiant
- Condition Immunities: blinded, charmed, deafened, frightened, petrified, poisoned, stunned.
- Senses: Passive Perception 15
- Languages: Abyssal, Common, Elven
- Challenge rating: 2 (XP: 450)
- Magic Resistance: The Light-Taker has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects
- False appearance: While the Light-Taker remains motionless it is indistinguishable from a rock pillar or a rocky formation
- Shadow spear: ranged spell attack, + 6 to hit, range 150 ft (one target). Hit 7 (2d6) piercing damge + 3 (1d6) necrotic damage.
- Death Cloud: area spell attack, range 90 ft (radius 30 ft). An orb of glowing blue light travels toward a group of enemies and explodes in a black dense cloud. Every creature in that area is considered to be in pitch black (creatures with truesight and darkvision are not affected by the area). From the shadow cloud, mysterious incorporeal creatures will attack every creature inside the black cloud. These attacks could be considered like melee weapon attacks with + 6 to hit. They deal 5 (1d10) slashing damage and 3 (1d6) necrotic damage. Fire and Radiant objects/spells immediately disperse the cloud and prevent the attacks (within 5ft from the source ). The cloud will stay in the area for 6 rounds and if the Light-Taker dies the cloud disappear
- Dark Horb: ranged spell attack +6 to hit, range 150ft (one target). Hit: 7 (2d6) necrotic damage + 7 (2d6) fire damage. If the target is a flammable object that is not worn or carried, it also catches fire.
- Black Swarm: ranged spell attack, + 6 to hit, reach 100 ft. Hit: 10 (3d6) piercing damage. The Swarm once launched orbit around the creature for two turns. Fire and Radiant objects/spells immediately disperse this spell.
SUPPORT THE CONTENT CREATOR
Use code “BESTIARIUM” at Membership’s checkout to receive a 10% discount on your plan.
- This creature was made in accordance with the OGL 5e
- Discover More Homebrew Creatures