TABLE OF CONTENTS
The junkyard strider is a large vehicle powered by multiple gyrocores and used to easily traverse the rocky terrain of the Whirring Peaks. Only a handful of these machines exist and most are owned by the wealthier individuals within The Junkyard. The junkyard striders are used to search the cliffs of the Whirring Peaks for another entrance into Archelm Hold. It is also used to transport large hauls from the salvagers safely down the mountain to the city of scrap. Occasionally, one of the junkyard striders will be used to make the journey to a neighboring city. Where others who are less familiar with the machines of The Junkyard are in awe at this mastery of engineering.
Prepared. Rarely are the junkyard striders used in combat due to their rarity. However, these constructs are well prepared to do battle if the opportunity arises. Six large mechanical legs give the strider great mobility. It uses these heavy legs to stomp on targets beneath it with
immense power. Further, platforms on the strider allow for the crew to remain in cover from projectiles and out of reach from melee attacks below.
Crippling Weakness. The junkyard strider has another weakness beyond the ones caused by its gyrocore. If the construct’s legs are damaged, the machine may lose its support and its body prone until the legs can recalibrate.
JUNKYARD STRIDER CREATURE'S SHEET
Large construct, unaligned
- Armor class: 15 (natural armor)
- Hit Points: 76 (8d10+32)
- Speed: 40 ft., 40 ft. Climb
- STR: 21 [+5]
- DEX: 16 [+3]
- CON: 19 [+4]
- INT: 2 [-4]
- WIS: 7 [-2]
- CHA: 1 [-5]
- Damage Resistances: bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing From nonmagical attacks
- Damage Vulnerabilities: cold
- Damage immunities: poison, psychic
- Condition immunities: charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
- Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
- Languages: understands the language of its creator but doesn’t speak
- Challenge rating: 7 (2,900 XP) Proficiency Bonus +3
- All-Terrain Mobility. The junkyard strider can move across difficult terrain without expending additional
- Battle Platform. The junkyard strider has 2 platforms built into its chassis where one Medium or smaller creature can ride without squeezing. These creatures are considered to have half cover. While on these platforms and can only be targeted by melee attacks with a reach of at least 10ft. d other magical effects.
- Cripple. When the junkyard strider is hit with a critical hit, it falls prone and its movement speed is reduced to 0 until the end of its next turn.
- Frost Susceptibility. If the construct takes cold damage it must succeed a DC 14 Constitution Saving throw or it becomes incapacitated until the end of its next turn.
- Multi-Legged. The junkyard strider can move through a Medium or smaller creature’s space without expending additional movement.
- Powerful Leap. The junkyard strider can spend any amount of its movement speed to make a jump
vertically or horizontally by that amount.
- Operator Helm. The junkyard strider has a helm that can hold up to two Medium creatures which have half cover while inside the junkyard strider. This creature can only be targeted by melee attacks with a reach of at least 10ft.
- Immutable Form. The junkyard strider is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form
- Siege Monster. The junkyard strider deals double damage to buildings and objects
- Semi-Autonomous. The junkyard strider can either take an action or move on its turn, but not both.
If the Tunnel Strider has at least one creature helming its control, it can move and operate as normal as long as its crew uses its action operating the junkyard strider.
- Spider Climb. The junkyard strider can climb difficult surfaces without needing to make an ability check.
- Vulnerable Underbelly. Medium and smaller creatures have advantage on attacks roll against the junkyard strider if it occupies the same space as the junkyard strider.
The junkyard strider gains the following benefits when it has more than one crew member helming it. three melee attacks with its claws.
- Nimble Stride (Two Crew). The junkyard strider can use its bonus action to take Dash or Dodge as a bonus action
- Multiattack: The junkyard strider can make two Stomp Attacks
- Stomp. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 16 (2d10 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
- Stomp. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target in its space. Hit: 16 (2d10 + 5) bludgeoning damage
Visit the related Compendium
Support the Content Creator
USE CODE: ” QUESTLINE” to receive a 10% discount at checkout
- This creature was made in accordance with the OGL 5e
- Discover More Homebrew Creatures