TABLE OF CONTENTS
What are bulettes? Aboleths are enormous fish-like amphibians, often reaching 20 feet (6.1 meters) in length and weighing up to 6,500 pounds (2,900 kilograms) though they continue to grow as they age, with some fantastically ancient specimens reaching the amazing length of 40 feet (12 meters).
Their appearance is as the perfect example of an aberration: they look like strange eels, with long, tubular bodies, a tail at one end, and two fins near the head and another along the back. Their mouths are lamprey-like, with serrated, jawless teeth.
Aboleth underbellies are generally orange-pink, while their topsides were sea-green. Four long tentacles emerge from across each other on the top and two more on the underbelly, a little bit back from the head. Their heads are triangular in appearance, with a spherical, beak-like nose. Their three eyes are positioned atop each other above the nose.
Tendrils and a couple shorter tentacles hung from the head’s base. The bottom of their bodies are lined with four blue-black slime-secreting orifices. The blood of Aboleth, if you are able to cut one of them, is green and viscous, pouring like sap.
BULETTE CREATURE'S SHEET
Large monstrosity, unaligned
- Armor class: 17 (natural armor)
- Hit Points (HP): 94 (9d10 + 45)
- Speed: 40 ft., burrow 40 ft.
- STR: 19 (+4)
- DEX: 11 (+0)
- CON: 21 (+5)
- INT: 2 (-4)
- WIS: 10 (+0)
- CHA: 5 (-3)
- Skills: Perception +6
- Senses: darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft., passive Perception 16
- Languages: —
- Challenge rating: 5 (1,800 XP)
- Standing Leap. The bulette’s long jump is up to 30 feet and its high jump is up to 15 feet, with or without a running start.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 30 (4d12 + 4) piercing damage.
- Deadly Leap. If the bulette jumps at least 15 feet as part of its movement, it can then use this action to land on its feet in a space that contains one or more other creatures. Each of those creatures must succeed on a DC 16 Strength or Dexterity saving throw (target’s choice) or be knocked prone and take 14 (3d6 + 4) bludgeoning damage plus 14 (3d6 + 4) slashing damage. On a successful save, the creature takes only half the damage, isn’t knocked prone, and is pushed 5 feet out of the bulette’s space into an unoccupied space of the creature’s choice. If no unoccupied space is within range, the creature instead falls prone in the bulette’s space.
Dowload the Creature's Sheet
Support the Content Creator
USE CODE: ” ARKANEATLAS” to receive a 10% discount at checkout
- This creature was made in accordance with the OGL 5e
- Discover More Homebrew Creatures
- Creature’s sheet from the SRD 5e
- Description partially inspired by this wiki article
- Artwork made by Michael Jaecks