TABLE OF CONTENTS
Axgaleth was once a valiant elf, who won numerous battles and defended his people, the habitants of Valeer, from many hazards.
One day, she decided to travel to Kraan in search of an ancient relic from the time when that continent was the battleground of the ancient Kumerian and Taw Empires.
She traveled into a rocky cavity and encountered a temple dedicated to an old deity, known as Dakna, the mother of the Kumerians.
It is unclear what happened in that temple, but legends tell that she was infected by a mysterious curse. When she returned home, it was too late for her. She became a blood-thirsty monstrosity, that attacks every being she encountered…all to honor its new mistress, Dakna.
The city of Valeer, once protected by queen Axgaleth, was destroyed in one night once the transformation was complete.
This entity killed most of the habitants of the town, moved by an impressive aggression. The few unlucky survivors were converted with the same maleficent curse and became servants of Axgaleth.
She converted the ruined city of Valeer in a new temple for Dakna, dedicated to cruel and bloody sacrifices to the old deity.
The lands around the city were transformed by the correction of the queen and converted in a poisonous swamp,
At the same time, the cities and the lands around Valeer’s region became victims to the attacks of Axgaleth and its army, in constant search of new sacrifices for their mysterious rituals.
This creature does not confront directly its adversary, rather she prefers to hide in the darkness, like a spider, and wait for the right moment to confront their adversaries.
- Armor class: 18 (plate)
- Hit Points (HP): 156 (24d8 + 48)
- Speed: 30 ft, climb 30 ft.
- STR: 15 [+2]
- DEX: 18 [+4]
- CON: 14 [+2]
- INT: 12 [+1]
- WIS: 14 [+2]
- CHA: 10 [+0]
- Skills: Acrobatics +10, Athletics +8, Stealth +10
- Saving throws: Perception +6, Survival +6
- Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 16
- Languages: common, elvish
- Challenge rating: 8 (XP: 3900)
- Ambusher: The Axgaleth has advantage on attack rolls against any creature it has surprised.
- Freedom of Movement: The Axgaleth ignores difficult terrain, and magical effects can’t reduce its speed or cause it to be restrained. It can spend 5 feet of movement to escape from nonmagical restraints or being grappled.
- Magic Resistance: The Axgaleth has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack: The Axgaleth makes three attacks with its tentacles or two attacks with the lance
- Lance: Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) piercing damage, or 9 (1d10 + 4) piercing damage if used with two hands.
- Pointy Tentacles: Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage or slashing damage.
- Deadly Dance: The Axgaleth raises its body using the tentacles. It starts spinning around, clashing the point of its appendages on the ground, while swinging the point of the lance. Every creature in an area of 40 ft from the point the Axgaleth starts moving, must make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw. They receive 22 (5d8) piercing damage or a failed safe or half as much on a successful one.