TABLE OF CONTENTS
Among the largest and most powerful of Archelm Automatons, the centurion is a giant construct built to crush threats with overwhelming force. Repairing stations are positioned where the centurion’s might is needed the most, allowing servitors to see to any damage to its parts and plating between battles.
Centurion Tactics. In battle the size and strength of the centurion are put to great use with its hammer and axe arms, it wades into its foes swinging about with its massive weapons. What it lacks in grace and agility it more than makes up in destructive capability. Even the
steam animating its limbs has been weaponized and the centurion generates a great amount more than other automatons. Once enough steam has built up it will release a powerful blast over its enemies.
Engineering Flaws. The centurion’s sheer size and lack of mobility is its greatest weakness and nimble treasure hunters unprepared to deal with such a threat may find safety fleeing into corridors too small for the massive construct. As the centurion only guards a set territory it often allows intruders to flee from it, leaving them to be picked off by the smaller and more numerous bellators.
ARCHELM CENTURION CREATURE'S SHEET
Huge construct, unaligned
- Armor class: 18 (natural armor)
- Hit Points: 150 (12d12 + 72)
- Speed: 30 ft.
- STR: 24 [+7]
- DEX: 9 [-1]
- CON: 22 [+6]
- INT: 3 [-4]
- WIS: 10 [+0]
- CHA: 1 [-5]
- Damage Immunities poison, psychic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
- Damage Vulnerabilities cold
- Condition immunities: charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
- Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
- Languages: understands Gnomish but doesn’t speak
- Challenge: 10 (5,900 XP) Proficiency Bonus +4
- Frost Susceptibility. If the archelm automaton takes cold damage it must succeed a DC 14
Constitution Saving throw or it becomes incapacitated until the end of its next turn.
- Enhanced Stability. The centurion moves only half the distance when forcibly moved. Furthermore, it cannot be knocked prone by spells, abilities, or the attacks of creatures larger sized or smaller
- Immutable Form. The construct is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.
- Magic Resistance. The construct has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical
- Multiattack: The centurion makes two Battleaxe Arm attacks and one Hammer Arm attack.
- Battleaxe Arm. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 10 ft., one targ
- Hammer Arm. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit 25 (6d6 + 7) slashing
- Steam Blast (Recharge 5-6). The centurion blasts steam in a 30-foot cone. Each creature in the area
must make a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw, taking 36 (12d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as
much on a successful one
Visit the related Compendium
Support the Content Creator
USE CODE: ” QUESTLINE” to receive a 10% discount at checkout
- This creature was made in accordance with the OGL 5e
- Discover More Homebrew Creatures