TABLE OF CONTENTS
What are ankhegs? The ankhegs (/aekgs/) are massive insectoid creatures with many slender limbs and long antennae. As a species, they dig underground to prey from below, surprising their victims.
Large monstrosity, unaligned
- Armor class: 14 (natural armor), 11 while prone
- Hit Points (HP): 39 (6d10 + 6)
- Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft
- STR: 17 (+3)
- DEX: 11 (+0)
- CON: 13 (+1)
- INT: 1 (-5)
- WIS: 13 (+1)
- CHA: 6 (-2)
- Senses: darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft., passive Perception 11
- Languages: —
- Challenge rating: 2 (450 XP)
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) slashing damage plus 3 (1d6) acid damage. If the target is a Large or smaller creature, it is grappled (escape DC 13). Until this grapple ends, the ankheg can bite only the grappled creature and has advantage on attack rolls to do so.
- Acid Spray (Recharge 6). The ankheg spits acid in a line that is 30 feet long and 5 feet wide, provided that it has no creature grappled. Each creature in that line must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw, taking 10 (3d6) acid damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Dowload the Creature's Sheet
Support the Content Creator
USE CODE: ” ARKANEATLAS” to receive a 10% discount at checkout